Legion of Mary
The main purpose of the Legion of Mary is to give glory to God through sanctification of its members and to serve its neighbour.
The members become instruments of the Holy Spirit through a balanced program of prayer and service. Each legionary works closely with their Parish Priest who offers spiritual direction as well as sanctions the activities in which the legionary carries out within the Parish.
The active works of the Legion are numerous and may include:
- Taking Holy Communion to those who are unable to attend mass
- Taking Holy Communion to St Andrew’s Hospital and Salem Nursing Home
- Visitation of Homes
- Giving comfort to the sick, elderly and bereaved
- Helping people come to mass
Members meet once a week for prayer, planning and discussion. Then they do around 2 hours of active work each week in pairs.
Meetings are held on Thursday afternoon at 4.30pm at Sacred Heart Meeting Room, for approximately 1 ½ hours.
WHO CAN JOIN US
The Legion of Mary is open to all Catholic men and women, who are:
- Interested in deepening their faith
- Animated by the desire to participate in the Church’s apostolate
- Prepared to fulfil every duty involved in active membership
If unable to participate in active Legionary work, you may become an Auxiliary member.
Contacts: Anne Walters – 0437 548 529 & Flora Walsh – 0401 635 168