Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, Masses are being held in the New Church
9am & 5pm
Tuesday and Friday: 12pm (Midday Mass), followed by Eucharistic Adoration from 12.30pm – 1.30pm with Sacrament of Reconciliation from 12.30pm – 1pm
Saturday: 6pm (Vigil Mass)
Lent, Holy Week & Easter
- Stations of the Cross: Friday 26 March at 7pm
- Reconciliation (before Holy Week):
- Friday 26 March at 7.30pm
- Visiting Priests: Wednesday 24 March at 7pm
- Visiting Priests: Saturday 27 March at 9am to 11am
- Palm Sunday:
- Saturday 28 March Vigil 6pm Mass
- Sunday 9am & 5pm Masses
- Holy Thursday:
- Mass of the Last Supper – 1 April 7pm (close off Wed 31st at 12 noon)
- Adoration until 12 midnight
- Good Friday:
- Stations of the Cross: 2 April 10am (close off Wed 31 st at 12 noon)
- Confessions, 10am to 11am
- Passion of Our Lord: 3pm (close off Wed 31 st at 12 noon)
- Saturday Easter Vigil:
- Confessions with visiting priests, 10am to 11am
- 3 April Vigil Mass 7pm (close off Thurs 1 Apr at 12 noon)
- Easter Sunday: 4 April 9am & 5pm Masses (close off Thurs 12 noon)
Changes to booking/registering for Masses and other services:
- From Mon 15 Feb until and including Palm Sunday, there will be 2 systems for registering for Masses and other services (except weekday Masses & Reconciliation):
1 – TryBooking is the preferred method
2 – Using your Sacred Heart Parish Registration Number as you arrive at Mass.
- From Monday 29th March (beginning of Holy Week) until Easter Sunday, registrations and bookings will be TryBooking only, and these are essential. Larger than usual attendances are expected so booking earlier is advisable. If you need help with TryBooking please contact the Parish Office no later than Holy Thursday 10am.
- From Easter Monday until Christmas time, we will be solely using the SH Parish number system. As this system is a ‘first come, first served’ system, we will continue to comply with government requirements by closing admittances at 120. We have already had to do this on an odd occasion and people were advised to attend a later Mass. Seats will be assigned for the Easter services.
- For TryBooking please click the TryBooking link on the website homepage or use https://www.trybooking.com/eventlist/eventListingURL?aid=122616
- If you do not have a parish number, please discuss with the usher at Mass and one will be arranged for you.
- If you wish to guarantee that you will have a place for Mass, you will need to be early.
- If you have booked by TryBooking, we are unable to keep your seats after 8.55am.
THE USHERS/COVIDSAFE MARSHALS are the persons authorised by Fr Roque and the PPC to coordinate a particular event. They are the decision makers for that event.
- The usher/COVIDSafe marshal’s role is one of coordinating the various activities which includes accuracy of registrations, ensuring that we are complying with the SHP’s COVIDSafe Plan which has been signed off by Bishop McGuckin. The components of the extensive COVIDSafe Plan and the Statement of Compliance can be viewed at the usher’s desk.
- Hall capacity number for current government restrictions is maximum of 120 people. Unless government regulations change we will not be exceeding that number; please assist us with complying with the government regulations.